Title
Ga naar de inhoud
Trying a idea from a fellow 3MA enthusiast.
The idea is based on something I haven't checked before so I needed to make a quick setup.

A small explanation about this idea
The YPVS motor has 5 wires
-Two wires for power the electro/servo motor (12V circuit)
-Two wires for the potentiometer (5V circuit)
-One wire for the outgoing ypvs position signal (Variable depending on position ypvs)

The idea was as followed.
In stead off a calculated Speedlimiter signal, the CDI could easily drop the 5V circuit to a 4V circuit.
The outgoing signal would automatically be lowered, the ypvs motor would set its position to that voltage. (as it is controlled by a separated part on the CDI, It would just react on the given voltage position)
By removing the 5V power wire from the ypvs motor and replace it with the 5V speedlimiter wire the CDI could give all the speedlimiter signal it liked, but the ypvs motor would not be effected because it gets its 5V signal from the speedlimiter 5V circuit......

That was the theory


The quick setup explained
Here I have changed the 5V circuit from the ypvs to be controlled by the 5V circuit from the Speedlimiter signal
Sadly the speedlimiter signal circuit is not holding 5V under load
Under load it drops until 3,95V witch influence the total setup off the ypvs
Here the YPVS with the oem 5V signal

Here a example how the CDI Works including the speedlimiter
Going up in 250rpm steps with pulse generator.
Speedlimiter active at 10.500/10.750rpm (350/360Hz)
Sadly the idea (until now) did not work
With the 4V circuit in use the YPVS motor uses new begin and end point (this can be adjusted with the ypvs cables)
But the speedlimiter is still active, it seems that it is controlled by the CDI it self and not by dropping the 5V circuit to a lower voltage.

Will try to investigate this idea further with my fellow 3MA enthusiast
It is based on 3MA-70 CDI findings, so perhaps some other small modifications would be necessary.
A modification for the airjest to use them as a relay
Gently cut the top open

Here you can see the two oem wires connected at the spool.
But also there is room for two more

Here I have pulled the spool out
Here the two extra wires are soldered on.
Ready to put all back
Terug naar de inhoud